Friday, August 15, 2008

Joseph..

the man who was going to inherit his father's wealth(and i would say is quite a lot? haha..), who was sold into slavery by his brothers, wrongly accused by his master's wife, thrown into prison.. the author of the bait of satan gives us an inkling of what could have gone through his mind while he was in prison. i say again, could have. and mind you, the prison he was in is nothing like the prisons we have now. the prisons of now are like country clubs compared to the one Joseph was in.

It seems the more I try to do what is right, the worse it gets! How could God allow this? Could my brothers steal my promise from God, too? Why hasn't this mighty, covenant God intervened on my behalf? Is this how a loving, faithful God cares for His servants? Why me? What have I done to deserve this? I only believed I'd heard from God.

i wonder how does it really feel like to be in Joseph's situation. he'd dreamed of greatness, but the more he did what was right, the further the fulfilment of the dream became. if you don't know the story of Joseph, read the bible, Genesis 37-48. i guess what i'm going through is just a tiny bit of what he went through. haha.. yet Joseph continued to do what is right, and eventually, the dream was fulfilled. i also believed i'd heard from God. but, things just seem to be getting further. have i heard wrongly? but i believe i didn't. but what if i really did hear wrongly? holding on so strongly to something God did not tell me, that's foolish! but somehow, i still believe i didn't hear wrongly. it still resonates within me? haha.. oh well, actually it doesn't really matter at the moment. i just have to do what i have to do, and leave everything to God. heh.

and now for the phrase of the day. ok. sentence. lol. also from the bait of satan.

"Unconditional love gives others the right to hurt us."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

home

Jonnie Proskuneo: Joseph..
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com