Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Refiner's fire...

reading the book, Bait of Satan, by John Bevere.. in the first chapter, the author relates..

There was a time in my life when I went through intense trials such as I had never faced before. I became rude and harsh with those closest to me. My family and friends began to avoid me.

I cried out to the Lord, "Where is all this anger coming from? It wasn't here before!"

The Lord responded, "Son, it is when they liquefy gold in fire that the impurities show up." He then asked a question that changed my life. "Can you see the impurities in gold before it is put in the fire?"

"No," I answered.

"But that doesn't mean they were not there," He said. "When the fire of trials hit you, these impurities surfaced. Though hidden to you , they were always visible to Me. So now you have a choice that will determine your future. You can remain angry, blaming your wife, friends, pastor, and the people you work with, or you can see this dross of sin for what it is and repent, receive forgiveness, and I will take My ladle and remove these impurities from your life."

i guess.. the fire of trials is hitting me? so many things that i didn't know was there in my life surfaced? so many things.. so many ugly things..

Lord, will You please take Your ladle and remove the impurities from my life? I don't want to stay on like this. Renew me Lord, by Your grace given to me upon the Cross. Transform me by Your love. Give me strength to do what I need to do Lord, for You are my Strength. Help me to endure through this period of refining, Lord. Grant me strength to push through no matter how hard it is Lord. I really need You. There is no one, nothing in the world that can save me other than You. Save me Lord! In Jesus' name. Amen...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

home

Jonnie Proskuneo: Refiner's fire...
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com