Monday, October 22, 2007

something learnt.. the hard way

something learnt today, but in an way that i wouldn't have wanted. learning it the hard way, but what's worst is that some got upset because i handled things badly.

making decisions isn't easy by itself, and having to make decisions for others, that's worse. but as seniors, as leaders, sometimes we have to make decisions that will affect others, and these decisions are so difficult to make, cos it doesn't just affect myself, but others too. perhaps sometimes it's not exactly making decisions for others, but when others ask you for approval of something, the decision to approve or disapprove, indirectly, is making the decision for them. it's harder when it's a decision that others didn't want, having to stand firm to my decision. it doesn't feel good to see others getting upset over the decisions i have made, but yet i have to, because i sincerely believe that it is for the best of the situation, within the limits of my knowledge and wisdom. sure, i may make wrong decisions, and that hurts, but i'm learning to try to make the right ones, and if i do make a mistake, i learn from it, telling and reminding myself never to commit it again.

today i realised, just making the decisions itself isn't enough. how can i expect others to accept my decision if they don't understand why i am making that decision? i should have learnt this a long time ago. i've made this mistake of not explaining my decisions too many times, upsetting the people affected by my decisions, but yet each time i fail to realise that it is because i failed to explain myself. perhaps that's why sometimes i may be seen as unreasonable. but that was never my intentions. i'm sorry, if i've made you, anyone out there, upset over my decisions, and failing to explain the rationale behind my decision. i sincerely apologise for my mistake. but now, there's someone i must apologise to...

小妹,对不起。

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

home

Jonnie Proskuneo: something learnt.. the hard way
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com