Saturday, August 18, 2007

Happy Birthday Sunmei!!

went Bodynits company dinner today. wow, first time i had such VIP treatment. lol. i was seated at the VIP table, and all the dishes were all prepared in the kitchen per serving for us!! as in, when they served the dishes, is right up to my front, and i can just start eating. no need to stretch my hand at all to try to snatch the food. haha.. at first abit paiseh though. i used to be just a small intern at Bodynits, then now suddenly sitting at VIP table. lol. well, it's very good la, just that the servings ah, not very big, and as you might know, i have a big appetite. haha..

then after dinner, went for the fireworks show at marina bay. biquan ge and janet jie not free to go, so i asked my bro and zhenling to come, so the tix don't get wasted. well, the walk there.. you know la, so many pple. and it wasn't so near. but it was worth it. the fireworks are great!! 15 mins long!! first time get to sit down, relax, no squeezing here and there, and i have a great and clear view of the fireworks!! shiok! after that went to meet sunmei and zhijin at marina sq, then went bedok for supper.

well, i don't know if i'm too conversative or what. how often do you get hugged by someone of the opposite gender, other than your family? well this is what happened. at the dinner, there was sort of free flow of red wine, so some of them apparently drank quite a few glasses of it. so i went over to the other table to say hi to my ex-colleagues, and one of them saw me and was like so excited. well her face seems red, so i suppose she's a little drunk la. then she opened her arms, and i was like.. erm.. what is she going to do? she want to hug me ah? i was quite stunned and duno what to do. then she hugged me, and i was like.. errr.. ok... alright it's just those friendly hug, not those hug like you'd hug your bolster to sleep. well, i've not been hugged by anyone much from the opposite gender you know...

from what i can recall from my memories, my family never embraced hugs much. other than i was a baby, i guess i was not hugged very much. and growing up in a boys primary school, having no sisters, i typically didn't have much contact with the opposite gender since young. i wasn't a touchy person at all. 1+ year ago, i'm the kind of person that will not try to touch girls at all. eg, if i'm to wake a girl up, the most i'll do is poke at her arm to wake her up. i'm not even comfortable sitting too close to a girl. yeah i'm girl shy. very. and i used to think, if i'm always like that, then next time if i got gf how sia? lol. so i thought i should change. and after i read the five love languages, yeah i made a change for the better. now i understood how to use physical touch to express love, but i guess i still have a long way to go..

so back to the hugging part. yeah, i guess i'm still pretty girl shy. that ex-colleague, yeah she's quite pretty. lol. but i'm just... not so comfortable with it la. haha.. the thing that came to my mind was, "errr... so i've given my first ever hug with someone of the opposite gender that's not within my family... man... i thought the person would be at least my gf or my future wife..." yeah i'd hoped i'd leave my first hug, my first kiss, etc, for my future wife. but, there goes. lol. somehow i can't get it off my mind.. i mean.. i've NEVER been so close to anyone of the opposite gender!!! i think i do mind it. i really wished that it was someone i like. o_O

oh well, what's done is done. i think i'm thinking too much. c'mon it's just a friendly hug. well, thank God it's just an ex-colleague. i don't know her very well and long. if it was someone i like, something like that would most probably make me sleepless for a few nights, and keep my heart thumping so fast and hard 24/7. lol! yeah i know myself. that'd happen. just an sms is enough to keep me feeling so intense for a day, i can't imagine a hug. maybe i'll be so excited, my heart will thump so hard i suffer a heart attack. ok, break that in the name of Jesus. ahh... pray for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

home

Jonnie Proskuneo: Happy Birthday Sunmei!!
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com