Friday, June 22, 2007

I shall thus be called.. JONNIE PROSKUNEO!!

today was chatting with lingling on msn. then somehow we got to the topic of names. so we were saying some of us got long names. she's yvonne ecclesia, then got my bro francis genesis, keith corinthians, jessie meredith, etc. she said it was very trendly back then. lol. so i tot, yeah i'll have one for myself too. i prefer jonnie to jonathan, so i'll take jonnie. i was thinking of jonnie shachah, which i think is not bad. then i ran a little search on the internet on shachah, and google returned some links. shachah is hebrew for worship, and in greek, it's proskuneo! so i tot jonnie prokuneo sounds nicer than jonnie shachah, and thus it shall be!! wahahaha... i think it suits me very well! proskuneo literally means to bow down or to bend the knee, and translated it means worship. y i say it suits me very well, is got story one. tell u all next time ba. haha.. stay tuned!

well anyway, i wanna update on the past two days also. i feel that i'm such a blessed man! 20th was my birthday, and it so happens that my boss' boss, one of the directors at my PA company, gave HR dept, admin dept, finance dept and IT dept a treat for lunch. and they celebrated my birthday for me too!! haha.. very happy la. got colleagues celebrating my birthday when i'm only in the company for a month, and i'm only an intern. then in the evening i met my cell and zhijin for dinner at east coast. the beef kway teow is really nice! the soup is good! then after that we went to the beach and they celebrated my birthday for me.

shuiting weicong michelle jinhao left for the beach earlier, cos i was still hungry and wanted to eat. lol. then at the beach, they drew a big heart shape with the words "haPi birThdAy zHen hUa ge"(something like that la). and and, they put sparklers all around it!! so sweet of them! was quite touched. first time got people do such things for me leh. hahaha.. but i reached a little too late. when i reach, most of the sparklers already finish burning le. lol. but they went to buy more and re-lit the heart! tried to take some photos, but too dark, not very successful. but it's ok. the image will be in my heart! and then they made me spin round and round, then follow some arrows, like looking for treasure like that. still need to dig to find the "treasure". and it turns out that it's a present jiajun and bingwen bought for me!! i was really pretty surprised that the two little ones bought a present for me. thanks jiajun! thanks bingwen!

i felt so loved by them. and i'm so happy at the things they did for me. but really, what will truly warm my heart is to see them grow in the Lord, to love Him with all their mind, all their soul, all their heart. i begin to understand how parents feel. though we can do things to make them happy on special occasions, it's really the things in our daily lives that makes them truly happy. by listening to them, obeying them, cos what they ask of us is what they think is best for us. and i think to grow in favour and stature in our Lord Jesus Christ is the best thing for them, my cell members, and everyone around me.

oh and yesterday i went to 复活堂 to help minister to the people there. i was very nervous. very very nervous. i sms-ed huihui, sunmei, jasmyn, janet jie and jiayi, asking for them to pray for me. and their words and prayers really made me feel so so so so so much better. they sent me verses to encourage me, and i felt so loved by them. love casts out all fear, and through their love for me, i really felt that there was nothing to fear anymore. thanks sisters. thanks for your prayers and encouragement. and thank You, Lord, for sending such angels to encourage me in times of need. Glory be Your name, Jesus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

home

Jonnie Proskuneo: I shall thus be called.. JONNIE PROSKUNEO!!
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com