Tuesday, January 23, 2007

God, I'm sorry...

Abba Father, I'm sorry. It is only after reading the article given by Huihui about Healthy Youth Ministries Have Spiritually Healthy Leaders that I realise what I've set out to do, what I've set out to accomplish, were all set on the wrong goals. I wanted my cell to be fun, to have interesting activities, so that the members will be attracted to come for cell, but I was wrong. I was so so so wrong. How could I have thought that way? So what if many people come for cell, but for the wrong purpose?

The author quoted from the Bible, "Not everyone who says to me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, 'Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your Name, and in Your Name drive out demons and perform many miracles?' Then I will tell them plainly, 'I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!' " (Matthew 7:21-23).

We are so easily distracted by things around us, including our serving in church ministries, that draw our focus away from God. Though I am aware of this, and constantly reminding myself to keep my focus on God, I've lost focus. I've lost sight of what God has intended. I've lost sight of what God has put me to do. The time and effort I put in, it was all for the wrong goals. Everything that I'm doing, am I still doing it for God? Or am I doing it for people? Or for myself?

Thank You, Lord, for bringing me back to my senses. Thank You for reminding me that I should not be focussing on the wrong things. I'm sorry for trying to do things my way. Sorry for not giving room for You to do Your work. I'm so much grieved by what I was doing. Thank You for consoling me. Thank You for putting the peace back again in my heart. Thank You, for touching me so deeply today. Thank You for Your forgiveness.

I know what I should be doing now. I pray that You'll continue to guide me, and let not me fall sideways from Your path again. Your strength be upon me. Use me, for Your greater works. In Jesus' Name I pray, Amen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

home

Jonnie Proskuneo: God, I'm sorry...
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com