Monday, January 01, 2007

2007!

2007 is here!! my last hour of 2006 was spent stuck in a jam at fullerton there. lol.. but managed to see the fireworks, cos the few of us went out of the car then go to the area where we can get a better view.. not bad la.. haha.. but dun have the countdown atmosphere, cos also duno the exact time, so dun have the "5... 4... 3... 2... 1... Happy New Year!!" but it was quite fun la. i just enjoy being around my friends, my brothers and sisters. there was this car of pple beside my bro and keith's car, damn funny bunch of pple lo. their car got this sunroof, then they got the "trumpet" thingy. then when someone started horning the car, this guy stood up and sort of responded to the horn with the trumpet thingy lo. damn funny lo... hahaha.. then after that the traffic came like a complete stop.. then they started blowing the trumpet thingy also, with those simple tunes, then some cars responded with their horns, then it turned into a "concerto" of car horns. lolz.. damn funny. then after the fireworks, went siglap to meet zhenling, her two sis, and iris and chilled out at one of the bars there. hmm.. enjoyed chilling out with them. =)

hmmm.. looking back at 2006, wow, it's an amazing year for me, especially in my spiritual life. i've learnt so so so so much in a year, i can't really believe it myself. i've ventured into areas which i'd previously thought it'll be so so so hard to venture into, but i did it!! all thanks to Pastor Zhang, and my Pastor, and of course, Jesus!! it's amazing how i've grown in my worship. from starting to serve in worship ministry at the start of the year, to leading worship towards the end of the year.. it's amazing how God has led me through.

it seems that when you draw closer to God, life starts to get tougher. deep hurts that i've suffered start to resurface again. experiencing some of the deepest fears i have inside me. is it the devil trying to put me down? or is God stirring the fears in me so that i can overcome it with Him? well, i must say i've had alot of struggles over this, but i'm glad this time i have Him with me, and my fellow brothers and sisters who encouraged and consoled me too. thanks! i know this is my area of weakness, but i have Him who strengthens me in my areas of weakness!! it's a moulding process i guess, though hard and painful, i'll perservere on! For His Glory!!

moving on to 2007, i hope i'll be able to fulfil my responsibilities as a student well. not a good student in 2006. taking on the role of cell leader, i hope i can be a good role model for the younger ones. i hope i can be a good leader, loving my sheep as they are, guiding them down the right path, helping them solve their problems. i pray for Your wisdom and leadership to be upon me.

i want to commit more time to be praying more, for my family, for my friends, for myself too. i want to commit more time on reading God's Word. i want to commit more time to worshipping the Lord. i want to go into a higher level of worship, so that i can draw closer to God, and to be able to draw people to Him in worship. i pray for 2007 to be a year of even greater spiritual breakthroughs than what i've experienced in 2006!!

relationships. i want to get to know all the people around me better. i want to build stronger relationships with them all. i want to bring more people to God, to restore the relationship that they should be having with God. i want to get to know you more too. i want to have a closer relationship with you. i want to be your best friend. I pray for guidance, Lord. tell me what i should be doing, and what i should not be doing. i want to leave everything.. everything.. in Your hands. i know i'll be safe that way.

Thank You, Jesus, for 2006. Thank You, Lord, for 2007 that is to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

home

Jonnie Proskuneo: 2007!
Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com